DONA International, a leader in evidence-based doula training and certification, states that, "a birth doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible."
As a certified DONA birth doula, I draw upon my training and my personal life experience. I have birthed and breastfed four children in various environments, in birth centers and hospitals, with the support of midwives and doctors as care providers. I have lived in different states and countries and learned to adjust my parenting methods accordingly. Over the years, I have been given the gift of education and preparation for the many changes that come with motherhood. I have grown to understand the importance of flexibility, patience and surrender to handle life's twists and turns. I believe that birth, as beautiful as it is, can also be vulnerable and uncertain. My hope, as your birth doula, is to be a source of support that strengthens and empowers you to be brave and at peace during childbirth.
The goals that I have in relationship to being your doula are the following:
- To provide emotional and physical support in the childbirth process
- To facilitate peaceful relations between you and your medical professionals
- To encourage your acquisition of resources pertaining to your particular needs, i.e. Health, exercise, parenting, etc
- To help you grow your education in prenatal, lactation, labor, delivery, postpartum
- To inspire your confidence as a mother
- To help you prepare for the incredible adventure of growing a family!
Training + Certifications
6 month internship at South Coast Midwifery
Certified Doula (CD) under DONA
HCHD (Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypno Doula)
CAPPA Trained in Postpartum Care
CPR Certified - Red Cross
Neonatal-Adult CPR and BLS Certified
Spinning Babies Trained
Member of DASC (Doula Association of Southern California)
Member of Beautiful Beginnings
For testimonials visit my page on doulamatch.net
I look forward to meeting with you! - Warmly, Dara