My role is to support you as you prepare for child birth, and to be a calming, encouraging presence on that day. I work to support your partner as well, and to help you both prepare according to your values and goals.
As a birth doula, I accompany women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience. I draw on my professional training, knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort, and as needed, communication with the staff to make sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, soothing touch, aromatherapy, massage, essential oils, and other techniques for comfort and labor progression. I am independent and self-employed. As your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital.
Fee Details: Pay half of birth fee at signing of contract and full payment due at or before 37 weeks. Payment plans available at request. Postpartum Doula Service Fee $35 per hour
Birth Doula Experience: 4 years and 73 births attended
Birth Doula Certifications
- DONA International - Certified Birth Doula
- Hypnobabies - Certified Hypno-Doula
Clients per Month: 1 to 3
Attends hospital births? All Hospitals
I have supported mom's at Kaiser Irvine, Kaiser San Diego, Kaiser Anaheim, Kaiser Downey, Saddleback Memorial Laguna Hills, Mission Hospital, Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, Orange County Global Medical Center Santa Ana, St. Josephs Anaheim, St. Jude Fullerton, Long Beach Memorial, Palomar Medical Center Poway, UCSD Jacobs Medical Birth Center,UCSD Jacobs Medical Labor and Delivery, Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Children and Pomerado Hospital Birth Center.
Attends birth center births? All Birth Centers
I am familiar with the service, support and well woman care at a variety of Birth Centers.
Attends home births? Any Home Birth
I have supported many mothers in the choice of a home birth with CNM's and/or CPM's as their attending care providers.
Childbirth Education Certifications
- CAPPA trained postpartum doula, Fee $35 per hour
- Breastfeeding support and personal experience
Other Relevant Certifications
- American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
- CPR Certified - Red Cross
- Neoantal-Adult CPR and BLS Certified
As your birth Doula, I shall provide the following services:
- Initial Consultation at agreed upon location to get to know one another is free of charge.
- At least 2 prenatal visits - Our first prenatal will focus on discussing your and your partners heart and hopes for your birth, our second will recap any goals that you two have set and work through ways to own your birth. Lastly, if time allows it is great if we (mother and doula) can meet for a walk and just connect before you embark on your birth journey!
- Continued communication during pregnancy via text, phone or email to answer questions, and provide resources or professional referrals. Response time within 24 hours unless I am attending another birth.
- Assistance creating prenatal, labor and birth goals, if desired
- 24/7 On Call availability starting 2 weeks before your estimated due date (EDD - 38 weeks gestation) until and after delivery
- Birth support in your home, birth center or hospital
- 1-3 hrs support immediately after birth
- Immediate breastfeeding support if desired
- At least 1 postpartum visit in your home
- Continued breastfeeding phone & email support
- Access to professional referrals, as requested
- Access to back-up doulas in case of emergency so that you are guaranteed quality support for labor
Birth Doula Fee $950*
Half the amount as a deposit upon hiring. I ask that you pay the remainder by 37 weeks gestation
*(Prices increase for out of area births)
Serving the Following Areas
San Diego, Carlsbad, Vista, Oceanside, Camp Pendleton, Cardiff, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Leucadia, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley,Mira Mesa, La Jolla, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo,San Clemente, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, San Marcos, Poway, Escondido,
Specialized training or previous experience
- Cesarean birth
- Clients on bed rest
- Families conceiving with ART and IVF
- High risk
- Home Birth
- Induced and high medical technology labor & birth
- Over 40
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Single parents
- Spanish Speaking
- Survivors of Previous Life Trauma
- Survivors of childhood sexual abuse
Special Services Offered
- Military famiies
- Miscarriage Support (Before, During or After)
- Parenting consulting
- Satellite Doula (For remote and rural clients)
- Sibling support (for your older children at the birth)