My role is to support you as you prepare for child birth, and to be a calming, encouraging presence on that day. I work to support your partner as well, and to help you both prepare according to your values and goals.
As a birth doula, I accompany women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience. I draw on my professional training, knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort, and as needed, communication with the staff to make sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, soothing touch, aromatherapy, massage, essential oils, and other techniques for comfort and labor progression. I am independent and self-employed. As your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital.
Specialized training or previous experience
- Over 60 births
- Families conceiving with ART and IVF
- Home Birth
- Spanish Speaking
- Clients on bed rest
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Cesarean birth
- Single parents
- Survivors of previous life trauma
- High risk
- Breast feeding support
- Induced and high medical technology labor & birth
As your birth Doula, I shall provide the following services:
- Initial Consultation at agreed upon location to get to know one another is free of charge.
- At least 2 prenatal visits - Our first prenatal will focus on discussing your and your partners heart and hopes for your birth, our second will recap any goals that you two have set and work through ways to own your birth. Lastly, if time allows it is great if we (mother and doula) can meet for a walk and just connect before you embark on your birth journey!
- Continued communication during pregnancy via text, phone or email to answer questions, and provide resources or professional referrals. Response time within 24 hours unless I am attending another birth.
- Assistance creating prenatal, labor and birth goals, if desired
- 24/7 On Call availability starting 2 weeks before your estimated due date (EDD - 38 weeks gestation) until and after delivery
- Birth support in your home, birth center or hospital
- 1-3 hrs support immediately after birth
- Immediate breastfeeding support if desired
- At least 1 postpartum visit in your home
- Continued breastfeeding phone & email support
- Access to professional referrals, as requested
- Access to back-up doulas in case of emergency so that you are guaranteed quality support for labor
Birth Doula Fee $950*
Half the amount as a deposit upon hiring. I ask that you pay the remainder by 37 weeks gestation
*(Prices increase for out of area births)
Serving the Following Areas
San Diego, Carlsbad, Vista, Oceanside, Camp Pendleton, Cardiff, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Leucadia, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley,Mira Mesa, La Jolla, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo,San Clemente, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, San Marcos, Poway, Escondido,